This workshop will involve the evaluation of a hypothetical “product in crisis,” tracing a product through the various stages of a company's risk management process. Attendees will participate in real time decision-making throughout the product's life cycle and will assess the consequences of those decisions as the hypothetical unfolds.
The session will provide product safety professionals with practical tools in managing consumer product safety issues that include:
- Pre-market risk assessment
- Tracking, monitoring and evaluating safety related information
- Compliance with Consumer Product Safety Commission notification requirements
- Recall planning and execution
- Litigation risks
Panelists at the event will include:
- Jason Hertzberg, Vice President, Practice Director & Principal Engineer, Exponent
- Danielle Hohos, Associate General Counsel, Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- Eric Rubel, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP, Co-chair of the firm's product liability litigation practice group and former General Counsel at the US Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Matthew Eisenstein, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP, Member of the firm's product liability litigation practice group
The event will take place at the firms' San Francisco office on Tuesday, November 11, 2013 (8:30 am – 12:00 pm).
CLE Credit is pending. For more information and to RSVP, click here.